Sunday, February 7, 2010

Who studies during their study abroad?

I must say that studying abroad feels like a huge vacation and I'm finding it challenging to balance classes and life. I'm miles away from my better half and while Skype has been the greatest invention, nothing can compare to his warm embrace. For now, I am trying to occupy myself with classes and UK rendezvous. The week was pretty easy since I only had two classes, one on Monday and the other, Tuesday. The rest of the week was mine for the taking!

On Sunday, Bethany, one of my roommates, and I made plans to go to a spot called Madame JoJos. Due to inadequate directions, we walked Piccadilly Circus and never found this Madame Jojo woman or place. However, we were bombarded with nightclub promoters left and right and quickly had an alternative. After listening to this guy's spiel, we decided that Oxygen would be blessed by our presence and awesome dance moves that night. As quickly as our excitement built, it came to a screeching halt in the same manner. Our promoter had made the awful mistake of walking us to the nightclub door as opposed pitching us the club details, granting us entry, and leaving us be. Because of that, we were in the middle of an argument between the promoter and boss man and wound up almost being rejected at the door after paying our £5 cover charge. But no fear, we got in. Four shots and an hour later, Bethany and I were whining our waists to some reggaeton beats, fist pumping - courtesy to the Jersey Shore douche bags, and rapping lyrics to Kanye West. We were having a blast and here was when we met Matt and his friend whose name I didn't quite get. West's "Golddigger" seemed to unite us all as we rapped and dapped each other up. The night got a little creepy as I called myself being social. I thought it would be a good idea to dance with a couple of Middle Eastern men until I was pinned between one of them and a stripper pole. Yikes.

Wednesday night, I saw a play by Anton Chekhov, entitled Three Sisters for my theatre course. It was pretty depressing but to combat my theatrical depression, I found myself shaking a tail feather at a night club called Penthouse directly after. Seven floors high and an hour later, I was so over this place. The DJ was bland and the ratio of women to men was 3:1 which meant no British hotties for me. Overall, I was disappointed in the nightclub but that would not be the last time that I'd party in Leicester Square or Piccadilly Circus!

The weekend was finally here and Saturday was the night. As promised, I found my way back to Leicester Square, not too far from Oxygen. I tubed with my favorite ladies: Bethany, Emily and Joelle to Zoo Bar Nightclub. We were on the guestlist and that meant no cover charge which is always amazing. We all looked pretty sexy that night and the guys in the club agreed. As soon as we stepped foot on the dance floor, Bethany and Emily were immediately snatched by two Brits and Joelle and I were left wondering where they were being whisked to. We agreed that they couldn't go very far and proceeded to dance with one another as everyone watched us. We spotted two men eying us and decided to dance with them. Later, I found out that I was dancing with Mauro (pronounced Mah-ooh-row) from a small island in Italy. We danced for a fairly good amount of time and clearly he was interested. Before things got further, the fantab four were reunited once and again and we were back in action. Though the music was bumping and the vibe was right, it was almost time to go. Mauro and I exchanged numbers and right before I walked off of the dance floor, I was stopped by another man who called me "beautiful" in the sweetest accent -- and of course he was Italian as well. I stored his number in my phone and we were headed back to good ol' Baker Street!

Sadly, Monday is near and our (me and my weekend's) honeymoon is over. Until we meet again in four days, I bid you farewell...

No comments:

Post a Comment