Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cupid's Day

Globally, many couples will be celebrating Valentine's Day. There will be dozens of dozen roses purchased from street vendors, regurgitated Hallmark cards from CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreen's, etc, swapped between lovers and boxes and boxes of chocolates rummaged about. My first Valentine's Day with a true valentine and what happens? I'm halfway around the world. Though I am having fun here in London, I am many miles away from the one who completes me and it is a bit tough to deal with. It isn't much easier when there is so much love in the air, couples cuddling, holding hands and eating at the most romantic restaurants throughout the city. I must admit, I am a tad jealous and bitter because I am unable to experience that with my man but at least I have one, right? But to be honest, I completely lost track of the days and was reminded two days ago.


To start off Valentine's weekend, I went to a jazz cafe where the Ronny Jordan Trio performed live jazz music at the Jazz Cafe. We were rewarded with a small and unexpected treat from Grammy award winning musician, George Benson. He sang a little blues for us and it was absolutely fantastic! It was well worth the two hour wait, £1.50 cloakroom charge, sore feet and pained lower back! I knew that I appreciated the arts but not like this. It was the most sensational and freeing feeling to just feel the music and allow it to speak for itself. That's what music is about.

Though the music was perfect, my eyes roamed the room numerous times and spotted couple after couple after couple and found myself allowing Cupid's love to become my misery. Women were being held, comforted, loved and appreciated by their significant others and me, well, not so much. I miss him and I can't help it.

We argue almost everyday but we come to an agreement by the end of it all and it's as if it never happened. I love him. I love him a lot. So I'd like to dedicate this blog to him. Teddy graham -- I know you hate that name but I love it -- Happy Valentine's Day. I cook for you because I want you to be content. I worry about you because care about your well being. I become possessive because I'm selfish and want you to be mine and only mine. I give you hell because I love you. Sometimes I can be a complete ass and irrational but you are always so loving and forgiving and for that, I love you more than words can explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment