Friday, January 29, 2010

Livin'. Lovin'. London.

On my way to my new church for the next 4 months or so, I found myself thinking about hardcore blogging today. About what you may ask? I have no idea but what I do know is that so many emotions were going through my body at once. I was excited to have officially topped up my student Oyster card, ride the Tube -- without getting lost or confused I may add -- and having a great time fellowshipping with my new church family. I'm actually catching on to things really quickly. The church that I found is in Holloway which was really easy to get to from my flat. It's about 20 minutes away and the tube is SUPER effect and easy to figure out. Yep, that's it right there, but not so much in black and white. My new church away from home is quite comfy and cozy. I sat next to some older women and they greeted me with pretty eyes, amazing brown skin and warm smiles. I believe that they may have been from the Caribbean because they had some qualities that reminded me so much of my grandmother and that was something precious and dear to me.


Along the way, I also bumped into my new college campus at London Metropolitan University, London Met for short. I'm glad that it's pretty close so the commute isn't horrible and I can get some extra minutes of sleep in the morning. After church, I met up with my roomie Bethany and our program mate, Emily. We tubed to Borough Market which was awesome and had the most amaaaazing Indian curry! It was 5 pounds a pop and we all contribute about a pound and sixty pence, sat by an outdoor warmer, and ate from the same portion. It was a very intimate and sweet moment amongst the three of us and I loved every minute of it! There were so many yummy samples: granola, all kinds of cheeses, chocolate brownies and tomato soup! So far, I've accomplished some really cool outings. Next up, shopping -- and oh! I've got to make a list of things to do, see or be while in London.


Sorry for the lack of original photos but carrying my Nikon p90 is not essential for simple point and shoot photos. However, I will be dedicating a day for photography, in the artsy manner of course because I am soo trying to ditch this American tourist label as you can see!

No comments:

Post a Comment